Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheap job, any good free hosting sites?

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by HarryField, Jan 15, 2012.

1. HarryField

HarryField Member

Hi, i have been asked to do a quick £50 website and even after discussing it with the client, he still wants an unprofessional, free hosted cheap job. And for £50 i will stick to his wishes and make this quick.

So this brings me to my question, does anyone know any free website hosting that allow you to upload your own page files, e.g. a website created on dreamweaver?

Thanks.

2. HarryField

HarryField Member

Edit: the client wouldn't agree to paying £10 a year for web hosting, thus the reason for free hosting.

3. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

4. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I'm with Corrosive. Make sure you have very secure t&cs. I suspect the project will come back to haunt you.

5. HarryField

HarryField Member

Thanks for the site i'll use that.

I was thinking the same, but it is for someone i know, so i'll just have to make sure it doesn't have any link with me after it's finished. :icon_hide:

6. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

£50? Why are you even bothering? That's about enough budget to pay for a page banner.

7. HarryField

HarryField Member

it's more a favour than anything.

8. jackmillard

jackmillard New Member

Why not get yourself a nice VPS server and host multiple sites? You can get a decent server nowadays with plesk control panel for around £40-£50 a month, I know you need free hosting but VPS is a great way of easily hosting multiple websites.

9. byronc

byronc Member

A 50 buck site can always lead to more work later? Its call you have to make.

why would anyone do free hosting (unless they are wanting something later :icon_biggrin:)

10. -luciano-

-luciano- New Member

I have a personal site with 5 quid hosting they offer a free plan which may do the job.

11. NUGFX

NUGFX Member

try byethost.com they r gd free host also

12. isoPrint

isoPrint Member

Template WordPress site hosted on WordPress with a .wordpress.com url Sorted haha but tbh i would just wash my hands of the client