Can someone help me out with this please?

ManishMan

Hey Guys.. I have used illustrator for this, I'm trying to achieve the flat effect that is on the right but I only keep getting the revolve 3D like effect that is on the left. The method I'm using is: Envelope Distort> Make with top object. How can I get rid of the revolve 3D like effect and make it look flat as the one on the right?

Thanks in advance

2f11a82332.jpg

Easiest way would be to just put the letters inside a circular clipping mask and tweak the points so they fill the space at the edges.

Easiest way would be to just put the letters inside a circular clipping mask and tweak the points so they fill the space at the edges.
Thing is that I would not be using those 3 letters on the design, it would be something like 7 letters, but because it keeps treating the circle as a globe, parts of the letters are wrapping around the ends which is making it look totally out of place. Hence the reason why I would like to just get rid of the revolve effect.

You're asking for logic that Illustrator simply won't be able to predict which won't give you the desired result. You could play around with the Object > Envelope Distort options to get close, but something like this I'd find easier and cleaner to tackle by hand.

You're asking for logic that Illustrator simply won't be able to predict which won't give you the desired result. You could play around with the Object > Envelope Distort options to get close, but something like this I'd find easier and cleaner to tackle by hand.
Ok kool.. Thanks

Back