Can anyone save my life (ie7 and Opera.)

bamme

Hi everyone

I have an annoying ie7 problem with:
Golden Kitchen | Chinese Takeaway menu, Lordship Lane, London

It works ok in ie8, and firefox, and safari.

But in ie7, the middle content area slides about when you resize the screen. Unlike the other elements on the page (header, left, right columns, little heading "Our Menu"), I cant make the position fixed, because it stops the javascript scrolling the content area when a menu item is clicked on the left or the right. As far as i know, relative and absolute positioning don't stop the fact that the content area will move about depending on screen width, and nor does giving it margin..

Also, in Opera, an odd thing happens - when I resize my screen, the middle content area sort of "jumps" down, and leaves a big gap between the header (our menu) and the actual menu.

Can anyone save my life? This is an actual clients site not a practice run.. :/ I'm happy to pay someone for their time looking at this (unless youre asking stupid amounts in which case ill ask someone in India..) because im pretty damn sure I'm too stupid to work this out myself.

Thanks very much!

Emma

Hi Emma,
I might be able to help.

Either PM/email me a zip of the website or if your feeling brave send me the ftp details.
Think I know what's causing the problem. Need to test solution though.

Geoff

Back