Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone confirm this printing process & finish please?

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by Pete FP, May 10, 2013.

  1. Pete FP

    Pete FP New Member


    I wondered if someone could help me with a printing query? I found a printing style I am looking to get done on a publication I have. All I have is an image. I wondered if it was spot UV and foiling below but the recess in letters looks deeper?

    If someone could tell me how they achieved the 'duchamp' lettering I would massively appreciate it.

    Screen Shot 2013-05-10 at 11.45.23.jpg

    Many Thanks

  2. Paul Murray

    Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

    Just looks like a foil stamp emboss to me, though the image could just be a Photoshop live surface render.
  3. Pete FP

    Pete FP New Member

    Hi Paul

    Thanks for the reply. That helps me when approaching the printers at some point in future
  4. jooty

    jooty Active Member

    i think i have that psd file...
  5. andybdesign

    andybdesign Active Member

    Yes I agree. It looks like foil stamped. It probably uses a black foil to create this look.
  6. PrintGarments

    PrintGarments Member

  7. ChrisWard1978

    ChrisWard1978 New Member

    Could be a spot gloss on uncoated stock, but the small amount of debossing would suggest a foil block.
  8. robsteele

    robsteele Member

    Agree with Chis ward :)
  9. pcbranding

    pcbranding Member

    Black foil

Share This Page