Call for entries

Fleuron

Hi

We have just launched a call for entries for Democracy an exhibition which will form part of the North East Design Festival this year and a book which will be published in October alongside the exhibition.

We are simply asking designers to respond graphically to the theme of Democracy. Interested? You can find out more at Democracy Exhibition 2009

The full website will launch to accept entries early next month.

Thanks

Jim
Fleuron - Journal of Typography and Design

sounds like an interesting idea, but the question would be, having read the brief, you said only images created by you, so what about stock images?

Hi Michael

Nope sorry, stock images are shaky ground because we'd have to check the rights of each image before we could include it in the book. We just don't have time to do that across hundreds of entries with such a tight turn around to publish the book. Sorry!

Jim

Hi Jim :) I wish you luck with getting people involved from here :) we have problems with people spamming us for stuff like this alot recently.. so hopefully you won't join that crowd :)

Why not do an Introduction to tell us all about you? :)

I'll stick my neck out and say this is a genuine post, this is one of the blogs I follow and enjoy.

I'll have to see what time I can find to sort out an entry, it's certainly an interesting brief.

Erm I don't see any contact info on the link for submitting works, and can't seem to find anything mentioned about the brief on the design-event websight

The exhibition is genuine... honest.

Well you wanted a little about me, well i am Jim, I run this place http://www.sumodesign.co.uk and I write this design blog Fleuron - Journal of Typography and Design .

The exhibition is part of Design Event, but they have not announced the programme for this year yet. I have been allowed to announce this exhibition because we need to allow people time to create work to submit and waiting for the big announcement wouldn't do this.

You can't submit work yet, we are currently building the proper Democracy exhibition website here at Sumo, it's kind of like Threadless in functionality but like it's been redesigned by Michael c Place. We expect to launch it early next month, to accept entries and to let everyone start discussing, debating and voting for what should make it in to the exhibition.

Anyway, I hope that this is all cool with you guys and that you'll consider getting involved.

Thanks

Jim

RE: Calvin_T

I haven't seen anything about democracy on Don't Panic.

Democracy is to tie in to the theme of Design Event - The North East Design Festival, which is politic and play, it was something that I had to submit a detailed proposal of last year. It's a serious £35,000 exhibition and another £10,000 in printing books, so this isn't something that I'd just nicked from a magazine one day...

Jim

Fleuron - Journal of Typography and Design
http://www.sumodesign.co.uk

Small world!!!

Well I hope that the exhibition is going to get some local support from the Armadillo boys and girls.

Jim

Back