• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Business Cards

Hi All,

Yesterday I won a competition which involved me winning 500 business cards. In the past I have wanted to win this, but right now I don't know the need for them.

I have just recently got a new job, which I start on Monday, which is alot more hours, so its is very unlikely I will be freelancing at all, so I am unsure what to do with these cards now.

I would like to see the process business cards take, from designing to printing and so on, but not sure what to put on them, any ideas? or should I give them away?

What do you all think?

Renniks

Make an arrangement with someone who needs them to pay you the cost of 400 business cards, so when you need some you have the funds for it ?

Renniks

Not really, you are selling them at a discount, and its just because of bad timing, is there a time frame on when you can collect?

tim

not under these circumstances.

either way they're yours now. what you choose to do with them is totally up to you.

Xenonsoft

You should think of something you would find funny written on something laying around somewhere and print that.

Then drop them around public places :D

Fred said:
You should think of something you would find funny written on something laying around somewhere and print that.

Then drop them around public places :D
haha good idea. Seen this done with moo cards a fair bit

Or you could offer them as part of a DF competition prize if you're completely stuck with that to do with them

Greg

Can't you get some printed with your details, so if you ever do leave the new job and would be in a position to do your own work you'll have some ready?

Tom Sound

Congratulations on winning the cards Craig. I would definitely get them for yourself. They don't have to be specific to the job you are doing. As long as the artwork/info is about you but doesn't date quickly they are relevant in all sorts of situations.

Ideal for networking, or just giving someone your email address/mobile number in both social and business situations, probably not ideal when out on the pull though. Well, depending where you are I suppose :D

All interesting ideas, Even though I am unsure what to use them for, I still want to see how to make business cards, which can then be added to my portfolio.

But my freelancing website is: CF Designz and I was thinking (before I won the business cards) about not renewing the domain name, as I was unsure about it anyway.

But I like the idea of a funny card, and also ones with contact details, but if I don't freelance, who would want my details anyway?

berry

Well done for winning.

500 busines cards is worth about £40
An prize in the next DF comp would be most welcome - no pressure there!
Congrats on you job as well