Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business card maker for my website

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by gprovan, Aug 27, 2012.

1. gprovan

gprovan Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any services that provide a business card maker for using on a website?
    I know something like this could be coded. However, I'm no expert in this field.

What I'm looking for is something that shows a bunch of business card templates. The user selects one, types in their details, it shows how it will look on screen and then they can submit the order.

What are your thoughts on the options, bearing in mind that I probably wouldn't be doing any coding?

Graeme :thumb:
  2. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

3. gprovan

gprovan Member

Of course 'those who shall not be named' do this. However, is there a way of integrating something similar into my humble website for me to print?
    I want to feature regular sized, stylish business card templates and high quality print unlike Sheisterprint. :icon_wink:
  4. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Obviously it is possible but given I am a designer not a coder, wouldn't even know where to start to explain a "how to" - I have happy accidents when it comes to web design :icon_biggrin:. You need Mr. Code Monkey aka Corrosive. As a compromise could you not just upload the templates with dummy text ?
  5. gprovan

gprovan Member

I think you're right. I'm no code monkey either. Templates with dummy text it'll have to be in the meantime.
    If anyone can think of any other solutions for the future I'd be grateful. :thumb:
  6. CloudGC

CloudGC New Member

Hi Graeme, I may have a solution for you. To give you an idea, take at look at these: Welcome | TemplateCloud - The Online Template Market Place and Home | Business Printing and Design. Flyers, Leaflets, Business Cards and more by

if you're interested I'll email you some more detail but here it is in brief. Real graphic designers produce designs, turns these into editable templates. These are then sold on different sites. Via an API ( you can connect the platform to your own website similar to this: Online drukwerk ontwerpen en bestellen voor bedrijven zoals visitekaartjes, flyers en ander drukwerk
    Marqetspace likes this.
  7. gprovan

gprovan Member

Seems interesting. However, I'm not really understanding.
    Would I be selling through my website or some other one?
    Also, I'd presume there was a setup cost or monthly fee?
    If you could give me more details, I'd be grateful.

Ta :icon_smile:
  8. CloudGC

CloudGC New Member

It's all through your own website. and are examples of websites using the templatecloud platform.

You use the api to plug the editable design library with all the search functionality, thumbnails and editor into your own website. Your clients visit your site, choose a design they like and personalises it online, then TemplateCloud delivers you a print ready PDF when they go through checkout.

I'll email you with the detail.
  9. chris_17

chris_17 Member

Something like this?

Edit this Fiddle - jsFiddle

I knocked something similar up a while ago, to get the data for the backend you'd just send through a ajax to a php file etc. or at least that's what I did and worked ok, admittedly the jquery isn't great....
  10. gprovan

gprovan Member

That looks fairly impressive, but a bit too complicated for my simple brain. Do you have a way of implementing it with a pritt stick? :icon_wink:
  11. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

Bah, Cloud is part of - I have a natural aversion to them so the same applies to Cloud. (No offence CloudCG)