• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Business card help

As a web designer, what information do you put on your cards?

company name
website
email
telephone

Anything else?

Maybe post a pic of your business card so I can see some examples/inspiration websites?

Cheers my DF dears x

Greg

Office number & mobile perhaps?
I'm just in the process of getting some new cards sorted myself :)

A couple of DF threads from the archives that may assist;
http://www.designforums.co.uk/inspiration-corner/730-business-card-design-inspiration-site.html
http://www.designforums.co.uk/inspiration-corner/1363-business-card-inspiration.html

(The advanced search on the forums is pretty useful for digging up old threads - http://www.designforums.co.uk/search.php just remember to select the relevant forum in the bottom right and it should just bring up relevant threads)

in the same boat as well, all those 'omgawesome business card' posts are so off putting, they just make me hate my stuff :p

I'm thinking, logo and maybe some kind of catchline on the front and name, mobile number, email and web address on the back.

nice and simple.

berry

Here's my business card - crap photo!!!
it folds out to show work - to me I use the business card to tell and show potential clients/people exactly what I do immediatley, It's a sales tool for me.

charles

Berry said:
Here's my business card - crap photo!!!
it folds out to show work - to me I use the business card to tell and show potential clients/people exactly what I do immediatley, It's a sales tool for me.

slight portability issues...?

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple..... :)

ok now im using moo cards... my colour goes right to the edge of the bleed and yet someho on the preview I have a small white line to the right of the card.... is this going to show on my cards? as I cant get rid of it? or is it just a MOO mistake???

it's likely it might show. I've created moocards which were oversize and had the white line too. Same with uploading full images to the back. even though I create them to the resolution specs or over it still tells me they're undersize :/

Not that I'm anti MOO. I've had some awesome stuff come from them in the past, but the online uploader/creator isn't the best

berry

charles said:
slight portability issues...?

No, it's on a thinner stock not 350gsm.

I'm also selective as to who give them too as I don't need stupid contact from Photocopy salesmen etc

I have 3 different business cards for different events, scenarios.
1. The above is for potential serious business, where the sales proccess of the card is a talking point and a way in.
2. A basic folded card for mass network.

3. And a special embossed card for CEO/Chairman level

HippySunshine said:
its silly though because the black does run into the bleed area (which gets cut) so i PRESUME I SHOULDNT have a white line!! ??

Exactly. Might want to give them a poke, they're usually very helpful

Sent them an email. There is no telephone number!
Grrr wanted to get them ordered today! *sigh*

Thanks for the respnse everyone! Much appreciated as always.

TomStutt

i get my cards from good print. good quality and they are forever sending 50 and 60% off codes for business cards. i looked today and 200 cards printed full colour, double sided, matt lamination was £28 + vat. i thought that was pretty good.

Xenonsoft

Berry said:
No, it's on a thinner stock not 350gsm.

I'm also selective as to who give them too as I don't need stupid contact from Photocopy salesmen etc

I have 3 different business cards for different events, scenarios.
1. The above is for potential serious business, where the sales proccess of the card is a talking point and a way in.
2. A basic folded card for mass network.

3. And a special embossed card for CEO/Chairman level
That makes more sense now Berry.