Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business card help

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by HippySunshine, Sep 17, 2009.

1. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

As a web designer, what information do you put on your cards?

company name
    website
    email
    telephone

Anything else?

Maybe post a pic of your business card so I can see some examples/inspiration websites?

Cheers my DF dears x

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

your name :p

company logo/branding if there is some

3. HippySunshine

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Office number & mobile perhaps?
    I'm just in the process of getting some new cards sorted myself :)

A couple of DF threads from the archives that may assist;
    http://www.designforums.co.uk/inspiration-corner/730-business-card-design-inspiration-site.html
    http://www.designforums.co.uk/inspiration-corner/1363-business-card-inspiration.html

(The advanced search on the forums is pretty useful for digging up old threads - http://www.designforums.co.uk/search.php just remember to select the relevant forum in the bottom right and it should just bring up relevant threads)

5. charles

charles Senior Member

love the divorce lawyer one.. quality!

i like the natural pomegranite one as well

6. Becky

Becky Member

in the same boat as well, all those 'omgawesome business card' posts are so off putting, they just make me hate my stuff :p

I'm thinking, logo and maybe some kind of catchline on the front and name, mobile number, email and web address on the back.

nice and simple.

7. berry

berry Active Member

Here's my business card - crap photo!!!
    it folds out to show work - to me I use the business card to tell and show potential clients/people exactly what I do immediatley, It's a sales tool for me.

[​IMG]

8. charles

charles Senior Member

slight portability issues...?

9. HippySunshine

ok now im using moo cards... my colour goes right to the edge of the bleed and yet someho on the preview I have a small white line to the right of the card.... is this going to show on my cards? as I cant get rid of it? or is it just a MOO mistake???

[​IMG]

10. Becky

Becky Member

it's likely it might show. I've created moocards which were oversize and had the white line too. Same with uploading full images to the back. even though I create them to the resolution specs or over it still tells me they're undersize :/

Not that I'm anti MOO. I've had some awesome stuff come from them in the past, but the online uploader/creator isn't the best

11. HippySunshine

its silly though because the black does run into the bleed area (which gets cut) so i PRESUME I SHOULDNT have a white line!! ??

12. berry

berry Active Member

No, it's on a thinner stock not 350gsm.

I'm also selective as to who give them too as I don't need stupid contact from Photocopy salesmen etc

I have 3 different business cards for different events, scenarios.
    1. The above is for potential serious business, where the sales proccess of the card is a talking point and a way in.
    2. A basic folded card for mass network.

3. And a special embossed card for CEO/Chairman level

13. Becky

Becky Member

Exactly. Might want to give them a poke, they're usually very helpful

14. HippySunshine

Sent them an email. There is no telephone number!
    Grrr wanted to get them ordered today! *sigh*

Thanks for the respnse everyone! Much appreciated as always.

15. sarah

sarah Member

Order from us :)

16. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

i get my cards from good print. good quality and they are forever sending 50 and 60% off codes for business cards. i looked today and 200 cards printed full colour, double sided, matt lamination was £28 + vat. i thought that was pretty good.

17. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

That makes more sense now Berry.