Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Business Card Crit

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by d_pipa, Jun 16, 2011.

1. d_pipa

d_pipa New Member

Looking for some feedbacks on my business card artworks before I get them printed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Front: The background will be 100% black. But which black would be the best? (C=? Y=? M=? K=?)
    Logo will be the spot UV.

Back: I am not sure if I should add Deaf symbol below in the corner? It is to clear up some confusion why I don't take calls.

An example of Deaf symbol:
    [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Dean

2. aibrean

aibrean Member

0/0/0/100 is the best because it's less ink coverage. Doutbful people are going to know you are deaf by a symbol. It would be better to not even include a phone number.

You might want to update post #1 on WP. You don't want potential clients driven away by

3. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Although not entirely design - the name seems a bit random, almost like when you can't get the hotmail address you want so you stick some numbers on?!

For me your logo reads 'ill 247'. I also think the typography could do with working into a bit more too.

I would leave off your phone number all together - I'm glad I read the second part of your post before I responded! I would add some cyan into your black to make it a bit stronger. Something like C-30 M-0 Y-0 K100 - I wouldn't worry about ink coverage...

4. d_pipa

d_pipa New Member

Doesn't make sense to me?

And for the website, it is being under construction. I am not going to start my design work until everything is done. Thanks for the black details.

May take off the symbol, I think it spoils the artwork.

Anything else?

Thanks,
    Dean

5. aibrean

aibrean Member

People can still find it though. Having a live unfinished site is a big no-no.

6. d_pipa

d_pipa New Member

Thanks, will take your advice and sort out my website ASAP.

7. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

I would ask your printer what your black mix should be really, they will know best what mix will produce the best results on their equipment.