Business Banking

si_p

Just looking into setting up a business bank account finally, should have done it ages ago, but apathy prevailed.
Who do people on here bank with, are there any good accounts to look at etc. Would be very grateful for pointers.
Am currently looking at Barclays and their Start-Up account, any one else using this?

We've been with Santander for years and it's completely free, although not sure if they still offer this (might be £7 a month now or similar). Only downside is there is no over the counter service on the account so everything has to be done via online banking and cheques/cash have to be paid in via their in branch machines.
I left Barclays years ago as they were expensive, although no idea what they are like nowadays.

I set up my bank account and some time last year. At the minute I'm using Lloyds and I'm fairly happy with it. It's a free account for 12 months I think. Just waiting to see if the payment from my international client clears as easily as the rest, then I'll be satisfied.

Drawbacks being, for the online banking, you need your card reader constantly. You also need to remember an 8-10 digit logon code that has no significance to you at all. Secure but annoying.

I'm with NatWest, same 12 month free dealy, can't remember how much it is after that. They do counter service though

I switched from Lloyds to HSBC as their online banking is much better and u get 12 months free

I'm with Co-Operative banking, It's free for members of the Federation of Small Businesses (£110 p/a). I don't have many complaints with them for their main services but I find their online banking interface quite clunky and old fashioned. For example if you want to see lots of transactions, you're only given a small window of approximately 400x200px in which to see them. It's not a massive problem, just one of a number of small annoyances.

Squiddy said:
For example if you want to see lots of transactions, you're only given a small window of approximately 400x200px in which to see them. It's not a massive problem, just one of a number of small annoyances.
Offer them a redesign? ;)

Back