Brushed or Illustrator?

Nstocks

Hi,

I've downloaded a few clouds brushed for Photoshop, however I want to use Illustrator for my editing. I've also downloaded a few brushed for Illustrator, but it says that it cannot be loaded :confused:

Does anybody have any links for cloud brushes for Illustrator ? or a download that is a cloud, it doesn't have to be a brush...

Thank You

Thank you, I've just come across those too. A quick question: Where do I store the files downloaded from that site in order to let Illustrator use them ?

There's a brushes folder, much the same as photoshop.

D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Presets\en_GB\Brushes

or something of that ilk, depending on your machine set up. No bloody clue where it is on a Mac, somewhere in your Illustrator folder though

pretty much the same place in Mac OS with the placement being under Presets\en_GB\Brushes :)

Got it thank you :)
Slightly off-topic question but: When I open a PDF ( 300DPI) in Photoshop CS4, the text and lines become slightly blurred... is there a way around this because there some effects that I also want to use in PS. By the way it's a black and white architectural drawing.

Thank You

cant you open the PDF in Illustrator instead if its from CAD or something like that? What are you wanting to do to it in Photoshop?

Yes I can because it's saved as a PDF. I suppose I could just do all the work in Illustrator... I only need to add silhouettes of people, sky and some colour...

Attached is a screenshot ( not my work ), in order to get the windows to look like glass, has this creator just used a blue gradient in Illustrator ?

Thank You

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-11 at 14.00.10.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-05-11 at 14.00.10.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 13
Looks like line work imported into Photoshop to me...

Here's one I done earlier....

Attachments

• blanchardstown_mall_copy.jpg
    blanchardstown_mall_copy.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 16
Typo said:
Looks like line work imported into Photoshop to me...

Here's one I done earlier....

Wow.... Did you use a gradient for the glazing ?

Thats a very good illustration, what rendering technique did you use ? How was the structure created ( ArchiCAD, Rhino etc. )

Mk 1 pencil. Drawn out, not to tight. Then scanned and coloured up in Photoshop...there you go.

You can knock 'em out quite fast after a bit of practice.

Here's another...:D

Attachments

• entrance.jpg
    entrance.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 21
Back