• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Brushed or Illustrator?

Nstocks

Hi,

I've downloaded a few clouds brushed for Photoshop, however I want to use Illustrator for my editing. I've also downloaded a few brushed for Illustrator, but it says that it cannot be loaded :confused:

Does anybody have any links for cloud brushes for Illustrator ? or a download that is a cloud, it doesn't have to be a brush...

Thank You

Nstocks

Thank you, I've just come across those too. A quick question: Where do I store the files downloaded from that site in order to let Illustrator use them ?

There's a brushes folder, much the same as photoshop.

D:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Presets\en_GB\Brushes

or something of that ilk, depending on your machine set up. No bloody clue where it is on a Mac, somewhere in your Illustrator folder though

C

chrismitchell

pretty much the same place in Mac OS with the placement being under Presets\en_GB\Brushes :)

Nstocks

Got it thank you :)
Slightly off-topic question but: When I open a PDF ( 300DPI) in Photoshop CS4, the text and lines become slightly blurred... is there a way around this because there some effects that I also want to use in PS. By the way it's a black and white architectural drawing.

Thank You

C

chrismitchell

cant you open the PDF in Illustrator instead if its from CAD or something like that? What are you wanting to do to it in Photoshop?

Nstocks

Yes I can because it's saved as a PDF. I suppose I could just do all the work in Illustrator... I only need to add silhouettes of people, sky and some colour...

Attached is a screenshot ( not my work ), in order to get the windows to look like glass, has this creator just used a blue gradient in Illustrator ?

Thank You

Attachments

Nstocks

Typo said:
Looks like line work imported into Photoshop to me...

Here's one I done earlier....
Wow.... Did you use a gradient for the glazing ?

Thats a very good illustration, what rendering technique did you use ? How was the structure created ( ArchiCAD, Rhino etc. )

Mk 1 pencil. Drawn out, not to tight. Then scanned and coloured up in Photoshop...there you go.

You can knock 'em out quite fast after a bit of practice.

Here's another...:D

Attachments