• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Browser

Renniks

What browsers do you use, and have on your computer....

My default and main is google chrome, it's lightweight, quick, easy, and I love certain features such as the search setup (eg setting so I can type 's bla bla bla' and it will search spezify.com for bla bla bla)

It also doesnt have all the clutter of my ....

Firefox - got all my web dev & design addons, use it for compatability and when designing as the addons are awesome.

Also have : IE7, opera, safari, and had IEtester but havent got it back on windows 7 (not sure if it works, it didnt use to)

tim

(can i just say, at walsall college nearly every computer [except the mac suites] have windows 7 on them! it looks pretty farking good!)

and i have Safari and occassionally i use FF.

Renniks

I wanted to get windows 7 and hate it, but I really don't, have no faults at all... No compatibility issues that I've found, not slow, not clunky, and when released properly will have some updates I imagine that will make me even happier (or I get a 2nd screen and don't care)

Levi

Staff member
ie8 (no option), firefox 3.5 (main browser with loads of plugins), safari 4, opera 10, maxthon 3 beta (another webkit browser but it also has ie engine) but htis isn't very good at the moment. I used to have the mozilla suite (sea monkey as its now called) but removed it as it has the same engine as firefox

Renniks

I keep umming and ahh'ing about upgrading to IE8, but decided its probably best to keep 7 on here as flatmates have 8 for compatibility,,, *goes looking at maxthon*, same about sea monkey and had flock for a while but yeh, firefox engine, not really beneficial to me...

Levi

Staff member
Maybe we should start a what add ons thread as I reckon we could get a nice little collection going for our chosen browsers :)

Renniks

Decided that google chrome is annoying me, it shows up my spelling mistakes as standard :( and I have to correct them... *goes to find the OCD thread*

mrp2049

Firefox is my browser of choice, add ons make the whole browsing experience richer. But I have Safari, it loads faster when I'm in a hurry!

blueocto

at home on XP I just have Firefox and IE6.

at work I have Firefox, Safari, Opera, Navigator and IE on the Mac, and all versions of IE and Google Chrome on the PC.

charles

chrome, IE & my main browser is firefox.

I dont like the way chrome renders some sites, laugh you may but I can't explain exactly why it is or why it's different it sometimes just seems out of proportion maybe.