Brochure for invitation cards

oodya

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help? I am looking at creating an A4 landscape brochure to display my wedding invitation cards.

I am looking at creating something stunning, elegant and simple. I am not very creative and am open to ideas and advise.

My main problem is that I think I have some good quality of my invitation cards that I would like to have in the brochure, but not sure how best to display them (I have attached a couple of images of an invitation that I have for reference).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,

OodyaKankotri 1 - Set with inserts 2.jpg Kankotri 1.jpg Kankotri 1 - Envelope and invitation card.jpg

You have posted multiple posts asking for 'help' for work which you need doing. This is a forum mainly filled with professionals who do this for a living and while we don't mind helping out with little things here and there we do like to get paid for larger jobs which I'm sure you do with your work too.
This sounds like quite a time consuming job so if you would like to hire someone please feel free to use the tenders section of the forum.

Nowhere in any of my previous posts have I asked for someone to complete the work for me. I am genuinely asking for advise and to be pointed in the right direction.

There are hundreds of websites that offer free templates, psd files etc.

My main purpose for my posts is for someone to point me in the right direction e.g. As designers probably use hundreds of different websites, they might be able to say "here's a template on this website that might be suitable".

On a different note, when searching for 'graphic design forums' on Google, the subtitle for this forum appears as 'For all your graphic design & website design related discussion, advice & assistance. FREE TO JOIN so come & say hello :)'. I didn't realise that the forum was formal and any advise or assistance needs to be paid for.

I have used other forums previously and I've been inundated with support (I can send you direct links of real life examples) as others realise that although it is a paid job, people like myself are running a small business (although not in graphic design) and we are trying to learn on the go in an attempt to keep our costs down and focus on our day to day business.

I'll be sure not to ask for advise or assistance on this forum again and it might be worth adding a post stating what the purpose of this forum is (as it doesn't seem very clear to me).

Hey Oodya,

Welcome to GDF.
I think if you were in Levi's shoes you'd understand.
We get a constant stream of people wanting stuff done for free and it's sometimes difficult to tell people wanting some advice from those.

Is this something to show prospective clients?

If so I'd be thinking along the lines of a portfolio or album.
Maybe invest in a decent album and make a front cover with your name/business name on.
There are some really nice ones available.

As invites are quite a tactile thing then I'd imagine that people would want to be able to take them out and get a feel for them.
Albums often come with those old fashioned corner fixings that mean you can remove the invites and replace them.
Also fits in with the wedding vibe.

Nowhere in any of my previous posts have I asked for someone to complete the work for me. I am genuinely asking for advise and to be pointed in the right direction.
note the 'help' in my reply. The types of posts you have done in the past seem very much along the lines that you are trying to get out of paying for the work to be done by a professional rather than just asking for ideas, the same as this one, even with the line about asking for ideas.. If you look at your previous posts you will see that very people have responded, the reason is because they're not asking for help, they're asking for people to do work that would require a considerable amount of time to do and as such should be paid for.

There are hundreds of websites that offer free templates, psd files etc.
yes and many of them are using those said templates without permission from or pay to the original designer

My main purpose for my posts is for someone to point me in the right direction e.g. As designers probably use hundreds of different websites, they might be able to say "here's a template on this website that might be suitable".
You would have been best asking the original designer about doing the a4 booklet at the same time.

On a different note, when searching for 'graphic design forums' on Google, the subtitle for this forum appears as 'For all your graphic design & website design related discussion, advice & assistance. FREE TO JOIN so come & say hello :)'. I didn't realise that the forum was formal and any advise or assistance needs to be paid for.
yes it is free to join. Note the bold bit of your quote... your post is not about discussion, advice or assistance it's actually asking us to do part of the job that we would be paid to do.

I have used other forums previously and I've been inundated with support (I can send you direct links of real life examples) as others realise that although it is a paid job, people like myself are running a small business (although not in graphic design) and we are trying to learn on the go in an attempt to keep our costs down and focus on our day to day business.
... They may well of helped you, they may not have been professionals and just hobbyists who aren't paying bills etc. You say you run a small business...do YOU do work for free in your small business or do you like to get paid... as you've likely realised design is not an easy thing to do but for some reason people seem to think anyone can do it and expect the qualified designers to do it for free.. unlike any other job.

@scotty every other post by the OP is asking for something 'design related' to be 'helped' with. It seems very much like they are trying to get out of paying for their design work when you consider the time frames between posts and lack of posting etc.

Where have I ever said that I wanted someone to do the work for me? It seems as though you are struggling to understand that not everyone is creative by nature. Not only that, but asking for guidance and advise then to be able to go and do something by myself is more better for me as it would mean that I have learnt something. You keep referring to my previous posts as though I have hundreds asking for people to design things for me free of charge. This is my third or fourth one. On another forum that I ask for help and advise - the members show me step by step exactly what I can do - I learn from this and can use the same method for my different invitation cards as opposed to paying a designer each time (I have over 100 invitation cards). You kind of give the vibe of being a pushy salesperson "please do not ask for advise - only offer payments to designers if you want to actively use this forum". There are many websites where resources are completely free to use or you pay an amount to the designer - . I do not understand why you are making such a big deal about it when I am here to learn and get ideas.

My post is not about advice or assistance? - "I am not very creative and am open to ideas and advise." - I'm not too sure if we are reading the same thing?

"They may well of helped you, they may not have been professionals and just hobbyists who aren't paying bills etc." - They are exactly hobbyists who do not mind helping people in order for them to learn. You keep referring to free work - where in the forum does it say "I want someone to do the work for me for free"?

You need to understand the meaning of a forum. It is where people exchange ideas (whether they are designers by profession or not). There will be people at various different levels of designing and rely on those that are more experienced to point them in the right direction.

There are accounting forums, law forums and many more who charge an extremely high amount of money for their services, but provide users on the forum with sound advise and guidance and point them in the right direction.

How you became a moderator is beggars belief

I won't be replying to any further messages from you as it is more hassle then it's worth. It does feel as though you are a pushy salesperson and if you have not ever been in sales before, you would make a good one.

@scotty - thank you for your sound advice - it is much appreciated - keep up the good work and your recommendation is well noted.

Back