Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branding yourself ... myself, that is.

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by ksmith, Jul 11, 2009.

1. ksmith

ksmith New Member

Hi guys,

this is my first post - leaving my personal introduction aside. I have decided to put my skills to good use and start my own little freelance business. While I have some skills at web design, my logo work is lacking originality, but maybe I'm too picky - I don't know.

The main purpose of my logo for k.smith design is to be recognizable at a very small size, so it has to be really, really simple. I intend to use it to brand stock graphics and thumbnails for microstock-sites (think of envato and the like).

It is going to be used mainly online, target audience are the creative types, as well as the "ordinary customer" (small to medium-sized buisnesses, bands and people who are driven, positive, passionate).

I am a very ecology-minded guy. I use as little energy needed and I'm soon to move to a 100% green hosting service. I also intend to support green causes with every invoice or a certain amount of my income - I haven't figured out the details though.

Concerning the sketches I did until now:

1. and 2. (which are basically the same) I like best because they are easily recognized, even at a very small scale. The idea itself is not very unique, being only a lower-case letter in a circle. The rightmost versions are also a little too web-2.0-ey, but hey ... :icon_rolleyes:

3. is very vivid but not as legible at small sizes.

While none of these logos represent the "greenness", I want to stay clear of the stereotype leaf.

I guess that's it for the first round. I'd like some :icon_Wall:

Best regards,

edit: I'm sorry to post this in the wrong forum ... I was shure I was browsing the logo & brand forum. Is it possible to move the thread or should I copy it myself?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  2. ksmith

ksmith New Member

ok, maybe this was the right subforum after all. anyhow, here's my update.

I don't know if the idea is unique, but I really dig it. Do you recognize the tree as a mouse pointer and vice versa or does it just work for me?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  3. sarah_a

sarah_a Member

I think its really cool :) I saw the tree yes. its really cool I am not sure which I like more the black or green lol The green is very eye catching and I looked at that one first.....

They are really good tho :)

Good luck :)
  4. dan-marsh

dan-marsh New Member

I saw it as a tree the first time I looked at it, then as a pointer the second time.

So, works well for me.
  5. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

I just saw it as a pointer straight off. It looks like a pointer poised on an icon/button to press.