Branding everything!

Jimlad

Hi guys, I'm helping the company I work for rejuvenate their company branding. Not the branding itself, more things like branded clothing (hoodies & t-shirts etc) decals on the office walls and such. This will be the second phase of the operation.

Have any of you done work like that before or know anywhere online to get some new inspiration?

Yeah need a little more info, what type of work because sometimes you could look outside that field and a little more areas that may get 'branded'

Dear Jimlad! Inspiration means a lot of things. Scotty asked the right question. As you said that you working like decals on the office walls and such so it refers that you are involved in offline branding. There are many suggestions for branding clothing items, like:
  • You can make a commercial with any advertising agency and get it on-air on television.
  • You can create and publish pamphlets and brochures to distribute them to the public at many places, send them to the companies.
  • You can advertise that branded clothing on sign boards, billboards.
  • You can advertise that branded clothing on the cars, trucks, buses and other vehicles., etc.
Further, I suggest you that must go for online branding too, specially social media marketing. It will give you a high boost and awareness about your brand to the right audience.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not looking into advertising, I was looking to see if anyone knew of an example where a company has done a particularly nice job of their branded corperate merchandise (for want of a better word) for internal use by their employees such as clothing etc. as well as the design of their workspace. For example, we currently have company branded t-shirts and hoodies available for employees to wear if they want (not compulsory) and I'm thinking of expanding the idea a bit more. We also have branded pens and coasters and playing cards and other nick nacks. Social media and online presence are also being developed further as part of the same project.

I'd look at what people wear to work if you want to expand on hoodies and t-shirts... the obvious things would be 'board shorts' or tracksuit bottoms to match the 'vibe' of the t shirt and hoodies. But do people wear jumpers, a 'knitted' jumper with the logo in it might be an option (not sure about how easy it is to get mind) or maybe some sort of funky tie/handkerchief/cravat/scarf etc might be something a little different. Depending on the branding a belt buckle could even work...

I used to work for a "Promotional Products" company and there are literally 1,ooo's of things you can plant a logo on.
I think the companies catalogue posted something like 6,000 and more as acting as a broker.

The most popular sellers were what you mentioned but even things like pens and mugs, there are some really cool and unusual ones.
I think spending a little more to get something different can make employees feel that bit more valued and be good for the companies image.
You're still limited to the application technique and the size of the print area which depends on the product.

Regarding the decals.
I work with a mural company and we do a lot of offices.
I think it's great and not because it's good for business.
Again, it makes employees feel valued, makes for a better working environment and and doesn't do any harm to the companies image.
I'm all for this "look after your staff" thing having worked in quite a few shit holes.

Decals are a good option but not without their limitations.

Pro's:
Fairly easy to apply.
Removable.
Clean.
Safe (As on you know what the end product will look like)

Con's
Size limited to roll width.
Limited colour palette.
Can look a bit soul-less/mechanical.
Larger designs have to either pieced or joined which might need a pro.

We use cut vinyl a lot but only really for stencils which are then use for spray paint.
Why not get some Posca's and some paint and do it yourself?
You got the skills.
Polka's leave a really nice flat finish and if you use a projector it makes the hole thing a lot easier and less risky.
It also is a lot more crafted and human than vinyl.

Oh, forgot to say.

For wall graphics, if you go on Pinterest and search "Office, Mural" it throws LOADS of stuff up I'm both hand done and vinyl.

Thanks for the replies guys. I realise it's an unusual question, made tricker to answer by the lack of detail on my part. This is some great input. We've already worked on vinyl wall decals, full digitally painted murals (those were so fun), branded mugs, pens, coasters, t-shirts, hoodies and a swag box for new starters that includes branded playing cards and headphones (non-branded, though the Beats logo looks a bit like the first letter in ours). Most of this was all done last year (or a few years before) and I had recently been tasked with expanding the effort even further than we already have.

My thinking right now is to revisit the clothing. So far it's mainly baseball shirts with the logo on, and while the staff seem to like them, the boss finds them shall we say "uninspired". I'm thinking of smartening it up with a high quality polo shirt and embroidered logo. Beyond that, maybe branded USB hubs... team-specific branding...

There's a lot that's still in the air, so I can probably call this enquiry closed for now. But I want to thank everyone for their input, and Scotty I might be after a link to that company you work with if they have a lot of products to offer... /hint

I've just been shopping for a suit for a funeral and wanted to add a personal touch to the suit while still being 'on trend' shall we say. What I decided on was a lapel pin, a nice pewter design going on a darker grey/charcoal suit so it's subtle not overpowering.
Now it's not exactly needed with polo's etc but maybe the boss who may need to wear a suit might like something like it.

Back