Branding and identity

gcol90 said:
logosmall-g_zps0daa36b1.jpg
Kind of reminds me of a baseball... the rounded shapes combined with using red don't help lol

If you want to lose the baseball reference, why not try breaking up the intersection where the tail of the g meets the outer circle, so that there is essentially a visual end to what would be an incomplete circle rather than it continuing round forever.

okay, gonna put a hold on the baseball one for now. based this off my signature (well the 'g') but the gc one reminds me of an existing logo for a shop or something. not sure though? might get rid of the circle, it's annoying me now. actually this whole process is. wish i'd been named something with less curvy letters.

ScreenShot2014-02-11at154631_zps6dc295e8.png

anyway, stronger than the previous attempts? :unsure:

Maybe a variable stroke to give a more calligraphic/scripty feel would look nice and get away from the (very slight) baseball look.
That's if it bothers you.
Me personally, I like it as is.

i never even thought to try that, will give that a whirl. not sure i'm feeling the b-ball one so much, was kinda leaning towards the g/c one, but i'll see if the other grows on me whilst i fiddle.

gcol90 said:
okay, gonna put a hold on the baseball one for now. based this off my signature (well the 'g') but the gc one reminds me of an existing logo for a shop or something. not sure though? might get rid of the circle, it's annoying me now. actually this whole process is. wish i'd been named something with less curvy letters.

ScreenShot2014-02-11at154631_zps6dc295e8.png

anyway, stronger than the previous attempts? :unsure:
Hi, I know that I'm new and should probably maintaining a low profile here. But I'm also voting for the "baseball" one. :D

The two at the bottom reminds me of Pinterest. idk lol Anyone having the same feel about them?

haven't had much free time but gave up on the previous ideas. they kept reminding me of this.

GE_logo3.jpg

this has genuinely been harder than any other project i've had lol, and i've taken too much time on it, and i wanna update pretty much everything on my portfolio.

soooo... am gonna work more on this. i went for a 50's vibe, and am diggin' it. it's not too complicated, it's just my name, but i reckon this will do the job once it's finished up.

gc-retro-logo_zpsad65d43c.jpg

Yeah I like that 50's vibe version! I think there just comes a point where you need to just pick one and run with it. You can always re-brand further down the line, when you've got more projects under your belt. Until then, probably best to spend your time getting said projects, rather than on endless variations of your logo!

Back