Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bogus Companies

Discussion in 'Design Jobs & Employment Forum:' started by job advice1, Feb 7, 2013.

1. job advice1

job advice1 New Member

Hi all, Thought I would open a thread about companies or people that do you out of pocket. 'not sure if a group for this already exists?

I have recently applied for a job at a company called 'IC-DIGITAL-MEDIA INTERNATIONAL'.

A gentleman called *REMOVED* phoned me up and asked if I could do some work and send it to them to show my abilities, I have done this in the past for other companies so complied with his request. After doing these 3 things, I was then asked to design 3 more layouts, plus business cards for each layout and then create an entire website, after which I would be given a real project.

This was also accompanied by a number of strange things, such as: their company website not having a portfolio, the phone numbers not working, *REMOVED* always phoned around 7:45, the emails being sent were not professional and he required numerous specific changes to be made to one of the layouts I sent him, when he stated to me that there was no such brief.

Hope everyone reads this and does not fall into the same trap I have done. Also please add any more companies or people on here that believe to be false.

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

To be honest, alarm bells would have been ringing for me here. I'm not a fan of creating work to "show ability", that's what a portfolio is for.
  3. gprovan

gprovan Member

Definitely alarm bells, and an entire website? :icon_eek: