Blurry graphic on website

sho

Hi Everyone,

I'm not an actual graphic designer, I sometimes graphic design as a hobby or when is needed for my own stuff. But I'm having trouble trying to figure this out and I'm hoping you all can help. I'm working on my new website design on Word Press (new website isn't up yet) and I'm using a theme I bought. When I upload my logo in the header, it looks blurry on the website. It doesn't look blurry on my computer but I don't know if it's the export settings on my photoshop or if it's the settings on my Word Press site that's compressing the image. How do I figure this out? I have no clue. Here is a screen shot, tho it might look extra blurry since I'm uploading it here.

Attachments

• screen shot 3.jpg
    screen shot 3.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 18
Can you post the url of the actual image. Some Wordpress themes do weird things with images and especially header images so it may be a CSS thing.

As an aside, try to make your tagline plain text - it gives google something to index.

Likely to be Wordpress compressing the image, I've noticed similar issues with one of my sites. I'd also recommend using an SVG for the logo, though I don't think WP allows SVG upload by default, you may need a plugin to accept them.

As an aside, try to make your tagline plain text - it gives google something to index.
Depending on how the theme is set up, it may also give the logo a little bit of extra height to scale up too. I can't really read what the site name is though. "Sarah Ho Design?" Sara Tho Design?" You might want to look into that.

Wordpress is still not supporting SVG because of potential security issues (svg is an XML file and can be vulnerable). But if you want SVG support you don't need a plugin, you just need to add this to your theme functions.php:
Code:
function mytheme_mime_types($mimes) {
 $mimes['svg'] = 'image/svg+xml';
 return $mimes;
}
add_filter('upload_mimes', 'mytheme_mime_types');

Wordpress is still not supporting SVG because of potential security issues (svg is an XML file and can be vulnerable). But if you want SVG support you don't need a plugin, you just need to add this to your theme functions.php:
Code:
function mytheme_mime_types($mimes) {
$mimes['svg'] = 'image/svg+xml';
return $mimes;
}
add_filter('upload_mimes', 'mytheme_mime_types');
Thank you- I haven't done coding in a long time. Does it have to go in a specific place in the functions.php file or as long as it isn't interrupting anything?

You guys are the BEST!! The function code change combined with re-creating my image in Illustrator and then exporting as an SVG WORKED!! Thank you!!

I had tried PNG and JPG and then GIF. All looked blurry, there was no difference in quality.
then that means the base quality is poor, the fact that you re-created in illustrator says you likely used photoshop (or similar) and probably worked on too low a resolution.

Back