Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black light reactive print?

Discussion in 'Printing & Print Design Forum:' started by bigdave, Jun 17, 2016.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

NOTE - I'm avoiding usin the terms UV, spot & varnish, to avoid confusion.

A client has asked if I can print postcards with black light reactive print. So the post card is solid black with a single line of white text, then when a black light is held over it the content is revealed.

First question has to be is black light ink a thing? How would it be applied? And.. Who can do it?

I've though of having the cards printed then use a stencil and black light spay paint to add the information BUT that would fall down on areas of text.
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Never done it but I have seen it, you're looking for a UV reactive inks. Because it needs to 'be the top layer' you'd basically treat it like a spot/varnish over the top I would guess. Quite a few options out there for screen printing....first link I found
    edit: that's for t-shirts etc but they look to do paper printing too so it must be possible :)
    bigdave likes this.
  3. Janine_Grieve

Janine_Grieve New Member

I am agree with you Levi...........