Billboard Design

Purplegurl said:
I achieved a grade of 72/A
I'm not trying to be rude but - how?

Is it just being judged on concept and written work? what course are you doing?

it's just IMO the design is pretty poorly executed.....

for this assignment we were only marked on concept, they were not after a polished finished design, just an idea

Graphic Design BA (hons) (year 1) Bolton, if you had bothered to read previous posts you would have known this and what this particular assignment involved , IMO you are rude and not being very helpful, I'm all for critics but you just rubbish my work without bothering to know the facts.. that to me is just rude!

Hi Kate,

This thread doesn't actually mention your Uni/Course, and as it's been a while since your other posts were made they have gone a bit further back among all the other new threads, so that's probably why tbwcf asked.

Remember opinions are exactly that, design is subjective, don't take criticism's personally :)
Greg

I dont take criicism personally as long as it is constructive, just out right putting someones work down is not helpful and opinions such as that should be kept to ones self IMO, but i do apologise with regard to the uni comment, but that was not what I was refering to, I was refering to the fact I had previously mentioned that this assignment is only a concept/idea not a finished design

I'm honestly not trying to be rude and did read the posts a while back when you initially posted but didn't want to search through again, thought it might be easier just to ask you.

I'm not trying to put you down. Just that if that work was marked on design the grade wouldn't make sense to me which is why I asked before giving you my reasoning (which I still will if you want constructive critism).

Purplegurl said:
I dont take criicism personally as long as it is constructive, just out right putting someones work down is not helpful and opinions such as that should be kept to ones self IMO

The reason I didn't keep my opinion to myself is that if that work was marked on the actual design then someone was bullshi**ing you/themselves. That's why I commented (and asked how it was marked first) not to be rude.

As i said before I always welcome constructive critisim, I am very much still in the process of learning the ropes so to speak. I know myself the design is very much in the rough.

If it helps with your critic the assignment brief was to come up with a concept/idea for a billboard poster advertising Guinness as a partner/sponsor of the 2012 olympic games, the design had to include an olympic logo design we had previously created in another assignment (which for some moment of madness i used broadway type on ... yuck!) and also the drink aware logo, the poster also had to include a tag line which we had to come up with ourselves. Hope that helps.

Of course not hun, just having one of them days i think, a little over sensitive and unfortunatley you got in my way lol sorry

x

for a minute there I thought we broke Greg's database (or he freaked out and took designforums offline thinking we we're gonna kick off!) {{that is presuming everyone else was getting a DB error a minute ago too - otherwise you will have no idea what I'm on about}}

lol was purely coincidental timing!! :p just a little server glitch
I thought the tension in the the thread had taken the site down :cry:

Back