Best software to design editable certificates in? Please help!

deehinksman

I'm fresh out of uni and never had the pleasure of designing certificates before. Whats the best software? I'd like to us indesign but see an option for make the certificate editable for my client.

My client basically grades wood so needs to update contact info on the certificates.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hi deehinksman

You can create it InDesign and make it interactive so that they can fill in the names or other data.

There's plenty of tutorials on the internet.

My preferred option is to set up the certificate with blank details.

Then provide a MS Word file where they can insert details.

They print off x amount of certs - then put them back in the printer and print from the word file to overlay the text on the cert.

Thanks, my client wants to edit it on screen though unfortunately. i've tried to convert it to pdf and then to word but it just moves everything around. Having a nightmare with it ha

Thanks, my client wants to edit it on screen though unfortunately. i've tried to convert it to pdf and then to word but it just moves everything around. Having a nightmare with it ha

Could you not, create the certificate in InDesign and then copy the design into a new PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro and then make editing fields, so all your client has to do is edit the fields required?

Back