Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best A3 desktop color printer to buy? Any advise?

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by oscar, Jul 26, 2009.

1. oscar

oscar Junior Member

Hi all,

I would like to invest in a A3 desktop color printer. I have received many suggestions so far, yet, I would like to hear from you guys your experiences and/or advises if possible. I would appreciate a link to buy a good A3 desktop color printer.

thks!

Oscar

2. Hi Oscar,

I use an Epson Stylus Photo R2400. It prints up to A3+ and there are some really good ink systems available for it. I manaaged to pick up my printer for a few hundred second hand on ebay, and the Lyson ink system from Lyson Inks and Media - MediaStreet Inks.

The R2400 can produce some stunning photographic prints.

Iain.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

budget, uses, come on a little more info would help here.

Theres no point recommending a printer that goes for thousands when a printer worth couple of hundred would do you fine.

4. oscar

oscar Junior Member

Thanks to all.

use: basically for printing proof to be send for professional off-set printing, more focused on image quality.

Thanks again

Oscar

5. berry

berry Active Member

Konica Minolta do the best 'semi- pro' A4 colour laser. It's about £350, but complete with the inks, which are about £100. Some have offers on with free replacement inks. They last forever unless your printing full saturated colour week in week out.I had 3 of these when i first started out and the quality is as just as good as the big expensive Canon's I have now. It's a true laser printer not inkjet that is Mac compatible.

http://www.printerbase.co.uk/acatalog/magicolor-4650.php A4 349

http://www.printerbase.co.uk/acatalog/magicolor-7450II.php A3 £999