Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BB Curve Ad

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by avii, Feb 4, 2012.

1. avii

avii New Member

Just messing around on photoshop creating something new to put in my portfolio, I still want to add some more stars and clouds and create a proper space environment in the background. Let me know what you think.

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Kind of like it as it is. Less is more and all that :icon_smile:
  3. avii

avii New Member

Yea I suppose I shouldn't go to over-board and keep it simple, though perhaps some subtle stars would be nice.
  4. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

It's not an ad. There's no idea there. It's just a product shot. Surely there's a great visual to come out of checking movie times or recipes etc on a phone?

The thing as it stands looks odd to me. It looks like the phone is shaking up and down. Or is that the idea? And the text - either centre it or range it left. Don't do both. In this case, I'd centre it.
  5. avii

avii New Member

It was supposed to look like the phone was travelling through a vortex away from earth, but also signals and data transfer coming out of the phone at the same time. This is a product shot by the way, incase you didn't know.

Either way, it doesn't really matter what I call it, it is supposed to be a pretty picture.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  6. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

It is a pretty picture. But there's a great idea bursting to come out. And then it would be a lot more than just a pretty picture. If I was you, I'd get a black marker pen and a pad, and sketch out some ideas and thoughts. Then go on the Mac and play with Photoshop if you like. But get the idea right first. I assumed it was a poster, or an ad or something because you've put text on it. If not, lose the text and just have the product shot and the logo.