Award time - Like and Shares for Anna

Anna Cowie

Can I get your vote & share? Entered for an award, Sugar Plum Bakes brand design. Simply ‘like’ my submission : http://www.thetalentawards.com/gallery/anna-cowie/
Like and Share for entrepreneurial Mums.

#brand design. #entrepreneurial Mums #graphicdesign #art #illustration #branding #logo #branding

Attachments

• shutterstock_385284523 [Converted]_SPB_FB.jpg
    shutterstock_385284523 [Converted]_SPB_FB.jpg
    702.5 KB · Views: 9
You know I'm likely going to come across a little harsh here.... you joined in 2012, you have 2 posts and you're asking for us to vote for you so you can I'm guessing win something...maybe it's just me but why would I vote for a 'random' person.

I was looking for forums on design competitions and this thread came up on a google search. So thought it was relevant to post here and reach out to fellow designers for support in the work I have been doing. The organisers of the award sent us an email to say "The overall winner for each country is awarded based on public votes, and for us to get sharing our submission page"). It is sad that as a freelance designer, one can't openly reach out to peers for support and encouragement and to share enthusiasm for entering an award. And yes, I am very open to say, it is a shameless plea for Likes. I have found that by sharing my entry into this award, it's been a great way to raise my profile and post something positive about being a full-time freelancer and an entrepreneurial full-time mum, within social media and networks. My intention was not to offend. I chose this work to enter as I felt it was a great example of a project where the client did my Brand and Marketing DNA workshop, and then went on to do their branding with me. Anna.

Attachments

• SPB_casestudy_09_LinkedIN.jpg
    SPB_casestudy_09_LinkedIN.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 6
We never commented on the quality of the work....just the fact you wanted us to vote for you yet we don't 'know' you.

And you've entered a competition which is based on how many votes you can get from the public, so basically it's how many friends/followers you can get to tick a box, which has no real relevance to being a designer or how good your work is.
You could in essence win this contest by being a social networking 'celebrity' and putting up a blank page which doesn't really say a lot about it's worth as a designer. When you think about it more the only thing that really counts as a freelancer is having people come to you to do work and then getting paid at the end of each job.

Entering this competition, was for me a way to share the work I did on a public platform. It's been a great way to showcase a project with past clients, and my current prospects. All the feedback has been positive. The awards is run by Aquent a world wide creative recruitment agency. They have been a great support to me as a freelancer - placing me in some great freelance roles in London. Each category has an industry expert as a judge (this is not a public vote). And the public vote is only one part of the competition. I guess as a bit of fun - and a way for them to spread word about the awards. As a freelancer, what counts is putting yourself out there - and raising your profile to find the next great creative project.

Back