Auto crop white border

Virgil

I'm searching for a way to remove the white border of images. I have 6000-7000 images, so I can't do this by hand... Every image has a different size and a different white border. Is there any plugin that does this?

For example:
73384d1492096240-auto-crop-white-border-3123182-jpg

has to be:
73385d1492096259-auto-crop-white-border-312318-jpg

You can probably record a macro that does the following:
  1. Selects magic wand tool
  2. Select the white border
  3. Deletes it
  4. Inverts the selection so the inner image is selected
  5. Crops the image to the selection (Edit > Crop)
  6. Saves it
Then you just load it using the batch processor (File > Automate > Batch…) and set it running on your images. I just tested it and it took me all of 30 seconds to set up.

You can probably record a macro that does the following:
  1. Selects magic wand tool
  2. Select the white border
  3. Deletes it
  4. Inverts the selection so the inner image is selected
  5. Crops the image to the selection (Edit > Crop)
  6. Saves it
Then you just load it using the batch processor (File > Automate > Batch…) and set it running on your images. I just tested it and it took me all of 30 seconds to set up.
Save it as? And how do I load it in the batch processor?

Open up one image. Go to window>actions. Press the new button (the little page), name your action the hit record. Then, manually do what you need to do on the one image. Press the stop button (little square). Then close the image (don't save). Go to File> Automate > batch. Chose your action from the dropdown menu. Chose the folder where the images are (make a backup somewhere else first). Adjust any other options you want then click ok and sit back.

I'd make a copy of the images in a new folder to text first, just in case it doesn't output as expected. You don't want to make permanent changes to your files without a back up.

Back