Are photoshop eps files any use to man or beast?

mrp2049

I've been asked by a friend, to convert a photoshop file to a vector for their sign writer.

He gave me a 300dpi a3 psd, I've autotraced it in illy and its ok, but I have some concerns about it being upscaled for a shop sign.

I don't want to spend an eternity correcting it as its a favour.

I've never considered a photoshop eps before, are they any good?

I should probably just email Tom Sound...

I've never gotten the point of Photoshop EPS personally, they're always bitmapped and it seems to negate the point of the EPS in the first place (or maybe that's just all the crappy ones I've come across_)

I might be wrong :)

Ive always used RAW, same as JPEG, EPS etc, only difference is when saving it doesn't compress anything which is a benefit for printing on large formats etc.

I use it alot for my photographic post production work.

Becky said:
I've never gotten the point of Photoshop EPS personally, they're always bitmapped and it seems to negate the point of the EPS in the first place (or maybe that's just all the crappy ones I've come across_)

I might be wrong :)

so you see my confusion then!

graphicrabbitstudios said:
Ive always used RAW, same as JPEG, EPS etc, only difference is when saving it doesn't compress anything which is a benefit for printing on large formats etc.

I use it alot for my photographic post production work.

its a logo. It was a photo I would have taken it myself!

Photoshop EPS files used to be the only files that you could embed a clipping path with many moons ago but they are really no longer necessary. You can export EPS files out of photoshop that contain both raster and vector elements, however this can also be done as a PDF. Don't bother with them really.

Back