• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Arabic text - Illustrator CS2

Hi

A client has asked me to duplicate the front design of a business card with Arabic on the back. I am using Illustrator CS2.

He has provided the translation and I have various arabic fonts but just realised arabic is back to front!I cannot see any way to successfully display the arabic text (without buying the ME version)

Does anyone know a method to achieve this?

many thanks

Corrosive

Staff member
Hi

A client has asked me to duplicate the front design of a business card with Arabic on the back. I am using Illustrator CS2.

He has provided the translation and I have various arabic fonts but just realised arabic is back to front!I cannot see any way to successfully display the arabic text (without buying the ME version)

Does anyone know a method to achieve this?

many thanks
Have you tried creating the text layer, rasterizing it and then using the transform >> flip vertical command?

Having said that of course that will only mirror it and won't reverse the letters so not sure if that will do or not.
Hi

I did do something similar - it flipped/reflected it horizontally but not the letters!
The client supplied it in Word and it looked like is should but once in Illustrator it didn't.

I wonder if Photoshop would be the same? will go and try that now..

Thanks