Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using Free Agent accounting platform?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by Corrosive, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

2. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

I'm not using FreeAgent or any accounts package at all. Just saving it all in a spreadsheet at the minute.

However, my friend is an account who deals with cloud accounting. I think the system they use is called Clearbooks, it might be worth a shout?
    RobertChristopher Accountants

If you drop him a line, tell him I sent you his way.

3. Corrosive

Thanks Tony. Our shortlist is now just Free Agent and (gulp) SAGE but I'll take a look at Clearbooks as well for comparison.

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

No problem. I think he's offering a month free trial too, I certainly got one sent my way yesterday.

5. LdnFreelanceAcc

LdnFreelanceAcc New Member

FreeAgent - works for me

I came here via the tweet from the forum. I'm an accountant who recently went freelance in project management after a decade working for large companies. I have to say out of all the packages I looked at FreeAgent suits me the best, as I'm only one person. I'd say FreeAgent is best for small companies for sure - deals with Corporation Tax easily, VAT too - am about to set up Payroll/PAYE but if it's as easy as the VAT was then it should be easy enough. There's also time tracking and the invoicing is easy (although I prefer to invoice my clients in days and currently the time tracker only works on hours).

I am not biased due to this - but if you DO decide to go down the FreeAgent route, this code will get you 10% off the annual fee

Referral code: 428ltqi4

Paul

6. Corrosive

Hi Paul, thanks for the code but unfortunately you were beaten to it by the company down the corridor from us who recommended it. We've got everything set up and I agree that it seems like the ideal solution for a small business.

7. Edge

Edge Active Member

Been using it for 9 months now - its very good. Staff now submit timesheets online (instead of excel files) and with the click of a button I can actually see profit/loss on a project (assuming I know how much my staff cost me per hour).

Corrosive likes this.
  8. Print-365

Print-365 Member

Hi all,

I cant recommend Kashflow (Accounting Software Website) highley enough.

Low monthly fee, very easy to use and have got it integrated with Paypal, Mailchimp and HMRC for vat returns.

Even my accountant said this was better than sage.

Plenty of solutions out there though!

Cheers

Lee

9. Ayka

Ayka Member

Just saw this. I use FreeAgent and I love it. Makes all the admin/accounting tasks really easy and straightforward, nice interface and lots of good advice on their site. I love it! :)

10. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Corrosive, just wondering how you go on with Free Agent? Are you still using it?

11. Corrosive

Hi Paul

Yep, we are still using it and get on with it very well. Just one or two small things we'd change (if we had access to the code!) but generally excellent and a massive time saver if I compare it to the spreadsheets I used to keep. Support is very good as well if you need help or advice.

Paul Murray likes this.
  12. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Cheers, I had a little play with the trial last night and it seems ideal for what I need. Not a bad price either.

13. PrintGarments

PrintGarments Member

Yeah they all seem to do the trick, i started with quickbooks but then as the business got more complex have moved to SAGE. No problems with either...