Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use WP boiler plates?

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by bigdave, Apr 12, 2014.

1. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

I'm building a site for a client that they've requested be built on WP. I have the site in a static form locally and am aware that its possible to have a wp site which consists of little more than index, header, sidebar & css but that defeats the object of having a site on a blogging platform and doesn't really meet the clients needs (they need a blog). With that In mind I've been looking at the steps required to develop the currently static mockup into a complete theme which will allow them to blog, add pages etc..

In my quest to learn, I've come across a few wp boilerplate's which seem to be quite useful, specifically the html5blank theme. It seems to cut out a good chunk of the donkey work but I wondered has anyone used this type of theme/boilerplate before? Are they a good way to get a site up?

2. RDB

RDB Member

I have moved on from Wordpress. Its a great CMS. I have found a nice CMS called Perch. Nice and simple.
  3. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Having spent 12 hours yesterday, working with the html5blank boilerplate, I can confirm that it takes a lot of the heartache out of preparing the squillion files needed successfully develop a theme on wordpress. It's not without it's faults and I'm not sure I could be easily encouraged to build another WP theme but it served its purpose.