Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to recreate this?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by iconcreative, Nov 25, 2009.

1. iconcreative

iconcreative New Member

Does anyone know how to recreate this in illustator, i need it to be in illustrator so that I can easily and quickly change the colours, to make about 10 different coloured versions.

This is a flattened photoshop file, and I cannot adjust the colours enough in photoshop without it effecting the white area.

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Quite a simple procedure in photoshop to be honest with you. What will it be used for? You can use the filters in photoshop to do these easily. Then just use the colours you want from there on. Let me know what you need it for and Ill send you the PSD with it.

3. Mohammad

Mohammad Guest

Well he wants it done in Illy not Photoshop.

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

why illy? do it in photoshop, image - bitmap - halftone - frequency up around 100, no one will ever know

5. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

You could build up as a vector version but it's gonna be fiddly with lots of gradients.

Give it a go and see.

6. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

You could use 'pucker and bloat' effect on a multi sided shape like a hexagon (with more sides) then manually extrude some of the points to make it less uniform.
    Depending which version of Illustrator you use, set the gradient to 'radial' and 'fade to transparent 'or using an older version like me make an opacity mask. That'll soften the spikes as they shoot out.
    Repeat going back in layers adjusting the colour from the almost white to the orange.
    Alter the transparency and maybe add a little blur here and there and you should have something looking like.

7. glenwheeler

Well Ill do it in illy then Mohammed :D

8. I would have thought a paint bucket fill of one colour, and then playing with the blending modes would give the desired effect in Photoshop if all you want changing is the colours.

9. glenwheeler

Radial blur maye give the same effect if u hit it on zoom..