Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas how this is done (or similar effect)

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Blacklava, Mar 2, 2016.

  1. Blacklava

    Blacklava New Member

    Hi all,

    I recently came across this flyer and really like the effect used in the bottom half of the design. Its sort of like a warped digital noise / rainbow effect that I have seen around quite a lot lately.

    I have tried replicating it using closeup shots of computer screens and then warping them using photoshops Liquify tool and also the smudge tool while working in a separate layer above the image but so far nothing has provided satisfactory results.

    If anyone has any suggestions as to how they may go about achieving something like this I would be very grateful. Many thanks,


    Attached Files:

  2. Levi

    Levi Moderator Staff Member

    yeah it's pretty easy really :)

    Get two polarised clear materials and shine light through and take a photo. It will give the 'oil slick' effect.

    You can also do fairly similar using a layer with a noise gradient applied with limited colours and then playing around with warp and puppet warp, liquify and smoothing etc.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    justie likes this.
  3. justie

    justie New Member

    was looking for such an effect, thank you!
  4. Blacklava

    Blacklava New Member

    Many thanks for your reply, will try this out!

Share This Page