Any ecommerce ppl?

peekaboo

Hi Guys,

We seem to be winning or be given the opportunity to work more and more on ecommerce websites of late but I have to turn most down, purely because of the time it takes to skin every aspect of an ecommerce system, I always have 4/5 websites on so hard to dedicate time to them.

We are looking for someone who can take a skin design/design elements from us and undertake the integrating of the design to our satisfaction, will involve some initiative, such as using initial design colours and making pages consistent throughout, but could be a good solid relationship for someone, also we have used a few different ecommerce systems in the past and are open to people who may have more experience with one system to another.

Quite open ended at the moment I know but happy to discuss in more detail with the right people.

Drop me an email.

Cheers
Brett

"Off topic" side question:

How do people get into e-commerce and all the ins and outs? just make some fake sites or learn and hope they know enough when given work? etc.

Pretty much the way I did it in the early days to be honest!

But I do think it quite a dedicated area, unless your pro!

Brett

Thread moved as requested Brett.

Just a quick question on this one, are you after a developer to take designs through to full working e-commerce sites? and would they be custom requirements each time, or would an e-commerce system such as Phil's Openmind Commerce be suitable?

Thanks,
Greg

Cheers Greg!

Hmm well i pretty open to ideas, but yes ideally we would supply design or design elements and can use a little initiative, wouldn't need to be custom build just a good system "open source preferred but not imperative"

Just really a good eccomerce system that someones knows well and can be modified somewhat design wise and perhaps elements rearrange, not really looking to modify core code etc.

Also looking for someone long term, need a good relationship, also someone who works business hours, not just evenings etc, might be alot to ask but I think this could be really good for someone and I can put alot that persons way.

I have heard of Phil's system alot, must admit not really used it before, perhaps I should have a tinker!

Brett

Cool thanks for the extra info Brett, and Openmind Commerce is a good little platform, will just depend how much your clients needs/requirements will vary as to whether it would be able to accommodate, I'm sure for the mainstream/majority of UK stores it will do the job.

Sure some developers will be in touch, have seen great things being done with some of the opensource carts available too :)

Cheers,
Greg

Pitty im full time days and only do the additional stuff at night, otherwise I may have had a stab at this.

Hi Brett, I did send you an email, although am only available evenings so appreciate its probably no help. Let me know I've you've not recieved the mail though!

Back