Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any clues on why dreamweaver CS4 wouldn't run on my PC (vista Business)?

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by h_freezy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

I tried adobe but it takes forever to get an answer. It installed perfectly but will not run. it doesn't load but just disappears from the screen.

Help!:cry:

2. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

but the damn thing worked on my normal vista home premium edition.

3. tim

tim Senior Member

I think this has been mentioned on DF before, but I have no idea why it shouldn't work...

Should've bought a Mac :p

4. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

may be i need to downgrade to vista home premium because the business edtion is shit. It doesn't have dvd maker and other extras too

5. tim

tim Senior Member

what the fark? that's shoddy!

6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

find a windows 7 beta? go back to XP? get a mac?

sorry, I had to do that.

7. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

windows 7 could be another gamble

8. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Is it a genuine copy?
    Is it compatiable with that OS / system setup?

9. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

yeah, i loaded it onto my vista home premium and it works fine but it doesn't load on the vista business edition.

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

how much worse than vista could it be?

11. charles

charles Senior Member

Hi,

I had a similar problem once with Flash CS4 not loading even though It had been working before.
    Apparantly due to a corrupted config file.

I sorted it by erasing configuration settings, if the config settings folder is deleted it automatically creates a new one...

Though i'd google the solution as this is prob a flash specific bug..

12. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

my flash cs4 works perfecty though but i will try that with my Dw. thanks charles

13. have you contacted Abode directly? :)

14. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

after 1 hour on the phone, the girl (technical indeed..............she don't know shit) then gave me another number to call. She couldn't even transfer me...................... I gave up but i have two PCs (one with home premium and business) so i just loaded it on my home premium.

15. blimey the tech support just gets better and better for Adobe :p

At least you have 2 PC's and can install it on home premium :) I wonder if its a Vista Business problem?

16. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

the folder is massive though (80mb)............. are you sure?

17. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

Definitely a vista business problem :down:

18. I would mention contacting Micro$oft but that would probably be pointless :lol:

19. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

you are absolutely right, vista business sounds like an upgrade from home premium but it is actually a downgrade. You don't get dvd maker and other media programs. Its just basic and useless.............. slower too.

20. charles

charles Senior Member

As I said, it was a flash error that I had and i found the solution via google, I would be reluctant to delete anything without seeing a solution on at least a few different forums.

Having said that... I guess you have nothing to lose if you know how to manually remove the software and remove it's registry entries... and still have have the installation disks to reinstall it.