Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anders Birger Logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Aarlev, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Hi Guys,

Currently working on a logo for a Danish Photojournalist. Just wanted to see what you guys think of it.

This guy has quite a documentary type of style and travels a lot in troubled areas around developing countries. He recently covered the earthquake in China and a did a project in Mauritania on the people there trying to enter Europe via Spain.

So I want to try and communicate Humanism, Photography, Journalism, and Professionalism. I chose a serif (Clarendon) for the name to try and get the humanistic element in here and a sans-serif (Avenir) for the title to portray professionalism, a serious attitude and have a bit of contrast. Furthermore I created the squares as a hint to a roll of film to try and fit in the photography element as well.

I'm not sure about the kerning/tracking. Is it too much on the 'photojournalist' part? I tried with more squares as well so I could bring it more together but thought it was a bit overkill.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

2. Adam

Adam Senior Member

I like it mate, i like the yellow one as it breaks it up better and think it works better than the one colour ones.

I don't think the tracking or kerning is too much on the photojournalist, i think it's fine as it is.
  3. I actually prefer it without the yellow personally... but thats just me :)

Still nice work Soren :)
  4. shaqal

shaqal Member

I like version without yellow. For me tracking is ok and looks awesome. Good job
  5. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Have a colour version and then the white only too, at least you know it works on both levels. Have you any other colour combo's instead of yellow?
  6. jHouse

jHouse Senior Member

I love Clarendon..I dont like the secondary font you've used though.

7. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I think you need to look at the kerning. 'AND' touch, 'ERSB' don't.'IR' do, 'GER' don't.
  8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Thanks for the feedback!

I'll work on it some more and try some of your suggestions.