• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Amazing Websites?


Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#4
61designstreet...amazing... not for me it isn't, it's really annoying having to scroll through each column, not to mention they too close together so all just jumble into one big blur.
Also it's not exactly the idea of the thread to say your own site is amazing, we all think our own sites are amazing but none of us are adding them because that's an obvious one.
 
#6
Levi said:
61designstreet...amazing... not for me it isn't, it's really annoying having to scroll through each column, not to mention they too close together so all just jumble into one big blur.
I'm inclined to agree. It's far to busy. My eyes struggled to focus on anything. It's crazy actually - And only by accident did I see that you can drag across to the next page. For a design company, I'm surprised hardly any of the "general rules of thumb" have been exercised here. But then again, this is just my opinion.
 
S

Sean Lee-Amies

Guest
#7
Have to agree, I had closed the page and it wasn't until I read iDesign's comment that I realised you could drag the page horizontally...! There is no information hierarchy what so ever, everything has been thrown at you all in one go. Not keen on the vertical scrolling, it feels jumpy and awkward. Also your absolutely positioned elements on the left edge of the page are covering up content :(
 

Hdsded

Junior Member
#10
iDesign said:
I'm inclined to agree. It's far to busy. My eyes struggled to focus on anything. It's crazy actually - And only by accident did I see that you can drag across to the next page. For a design company, I'm surprised hardly any of the "general rules of thumb" have been exercised here. But then again, this is just my opinion.
Do you know their is a solid javascript installed at the backend of the website to make this design. Have you ever seen like this website before????
 

Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#11
Arianna said:
Do you know their is a solid javascript installed at the backend of the website to make this design. Have you ever seen like this website before????
Doesn't make any difference how you made the site if you can't use it because of the issues we mentioned
 

Hdsded

Junior Member
#12
Levi said:
Doesn't make any difference how you made the site if you can't use it because of the issues we mentioned
Do you know we have a professional team of Software tester who test the website first and then we publish it on Internet. I think you need to find your problem solutions on Internet. Why only you are having some issue with this website.....????....hmmmmmm... :unsure:
 

Levi

Moderator
Staff member
#13
it's not just me....look at the others having the same issue from THIS thread...
Professional software tester, in other words ONE person - all he will be doing is testing to make sure it works as intended, he won't be looking at usability or basic design, that's not his job
 
#14
Arianna said:
Do you know their is a solid javascript installed at the backend of the website to make this design. Have you ever seen like this website before????
No and that isn't relevant. I looked at this site as an everyday user. It was difficult to use. The only way to make the javascript obvious to the everyday person is to have a big graphic on the home page that says in huge letters "There is solid javascript installed on this website".
Everyday people looking for a service will in most cases be looking for your portfolio, testimonials, contact information. And all I was saying is the website is difficult to navigate and usability isn't the best.
Nobody is picking at this site in particular, but you chose to showcase your own site and didn't expect any critique. You should embrace the comments. I would if it was my site. As designers we should never stop trying to be better and critique is an element of improvement for all of us here. :)