Always pay your web designer!

M

Matt Harle

I came across this on Reddit last night. A client wouldn't pay their web designer, so they took the matter into their own hands. It's fantastic.

http://fitnesssf.com/

Levi said:
lol... alternatively... always change the password :)
So the client changes the password to lock out their web designer when they haven't paid? That's fair ;)

well if the client has already changed images on the site so must have access and is not paying, you'd have thought they'd at least lock the original person out too... seriously they're being amateur if they leave the password :p Yes I know you can give limited access on some hosting packages (think mine does actually)

Seems none of those FB accounts exist. I wonder if they got deleted or...?

This is very interesting, even a tad inspiring but I can't help but think that they're poking the bear and potentially bringing a lot more trouble on themselves, nevertheless, bravo.

wac said:
This is very interesting, even a tad inspiring but I can't help but think that they're poking the bear and potentially bringing a lot more trouble on themselves, nevertheless, bravo.
Well, they had to do something big to get attention.

Yeah. The fact that the Facebook accounts aren't there any more would lead to one of two things; either that they have all been recently deleted due to lots of people posting negative comments or they didn't exist in the first place.
I think more needs to be done to stop things like this from happening.

did a quick google and the company in question used to be part of a larger chain of gyms but decided at the end of it's 2 year contract with the chain due to it's negative view on gay and lesbian rights conflicting with the the 'sf' gym's links with the local gay community etc.
What happened after that, I have no idea...

It's more likely to be a hacker or disgruntled employee than a bored designer. Funny though, and their website is now closed haha.

the companies should pay web designers if they want to hire them for the services, otherwise the designers then should take some action and change the passwords in return.

A quality design should not take a long time, though some may take more time to produce something truly amazing. To the most part you can achieve high quality of work without the time excuses. If you are paying for someone to spend all day to create a logo, it sounds to me like they are really inefficient or pulling your leg.

Back