Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Pricing and Approaching Agencies

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by CyberWizard, May 19, 2011.

1. CyberWizard

CyberWizard New Member

Hi Guys,

I started freelancing about two years ago offering web design and hosting etc.

I am not much of a designer as my portfolio will show you.

CyberWizard

I have recently made the decision that I would prefer to focus on my coding ability rather than building complete websites.

So I have been trying to break into PSD conversion.

I have bid on a few jobs on Elance and PeoplePerHour and managed to get myself 3 regular clients from this route. The problem with freelancing websites is you end up working for peanuts.

So I want to advertise my services to agencies and other freelancers directly but I am unsure about what I should be charging and exactly how to approach agencies.

Any advice about breaking into this market would be greatly appreciated.

Do any of you guys use a PSD conversion service if so what kind of price is reasonable.

Sorry for being a bit vague I just want to make sure I do the groundwork correctly.

CyberWizard

2. byronc

byronc Member

i dont use a psd service - well havn't needed to.

welcome to the forum :icon_thumbup:

3. CyberWizard

CyberWizard New Member

Thanks byronc

I just want to make sure I have everything in order before I start contacting agencies directly.

A lot of the stuff I have done through PeoplePerHour has been about £15 to £20 a page.