Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General Business Forum:' started by NeonThunder, Jan 22, 2015.

1. NeonThunder

NeonThunder Active Member

does anyone use

They contacted me wanting to sell me a big advertising package. Not sure if its worth it, they say if i was to go ahead with it but didn't generate any sales from it then i could cancel.

Which sounds easier than it probably is... so I'm gonna look into it more but if you have advertised with them has it been useful?
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Simple answer - when was the last time you used or even the yellow pages.... or did you just use google to search?
 and NeonThunder like this.
  3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I never think of using Yell personally.
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

exactly :)
    NeonThunder likes this.
  5. dav

dav New Member

Depends on the service.

I used to own a photography business with my brother, and we advertised on Yell. It was quite successful, that's where the majority of our business came from (that wasn't referred from friends, etc)

If your clients are the type of people to use Yell/Yellow Pages then it works.

Not to mention has a good Google page rating, so when you search for terms, the Yell pages come up quite a lot.
    NeonThunder likes this.
  6. wac

wac Senior Member

I understand that Yell usually try and tie you into some sort of contract. An effective marketing product can usually be proved with a rolling contract. A mandatory 12 month commitment is a bit of a gamble.