Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Illustrator Windows 8+ Touch Features

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by wac, Mar 30, 2015.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

I wondered if anyone had given these a go. Basically if you’ve got a touch screen you can set the Illustrator workspace to ‘Touch’ which makes it more touch friendly.

I had a crack with it for the first time on the train and knocked up this visual to demonstrate how some new branding would look for a clients kiosk.

It was interesting but I did keep finding myself having to revert to the standard layout when I couldn’t find a feature that had been removed for the new interface.
    In short, good start, long way to go, and I want the same treatment for all the Adobe apps, especially photoshop.

2. yusuf74

yusuf74 Member

What did you mean that in your last image ? What is it.
  3. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

It's a kiosk :)
  4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

is that what they call a exhibition/trade stand (aka booth) these days.... why can't they just keep to one term it makes our life so much easier lol
  5. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

The technical term is "thingamabob", or "thingy" for short.
  6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

ah thingy... now thats a term I'm familiar with :)
  7. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Other acceptably synonyms include wotsit, wadyacallit, doobry and wassname. But they're for advanced users only.