Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Illustrator Errors

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by samjacksondesign, Nov 2, 2010.

1. samjacksondesign

samjacksondesign Senior Member

Hey,

I am currently working on some 3D renders in Illustrator CS4, i keep getting an error message 'The operation cannot complete because there isn't enough memory (RAM).

I am a little baffled as i have 4GB??!

Any suggestions:)

Ta,

Sam

2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Working with 3d eats memory, depending on what your doing I would recommend 64 bit system with 8gb. What other software are you using and is the adobe application a genuine one?

3. Also, check out your memory paging file/swapfile size. What OS are you using?

I'm on a Mac and find that a cheeky little restart frees up some memory for a good intensive design sesh. Photoshop in particular screws up memory usage, even when quit/reopened.

4. samjacksondesign

@glen - To be honest i did have several other Adobe applications running i.e: Indesign, Photoshop and Bridge. Yes the Adobe software is genuine.

@lee - i am on mac os x 10.5

I was creating renders of vitamin containers.

5. Are they particularly large or complicated?

6. samjacksondesign

7. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

There's your problem, I'm sorry to say.

8. What's wrong with doing a bit of 3D in Illustrator?

9. Anagoge

Anagoge Senior Member

Use a 3D application for 3D. It's more suited to it. Illustrator isn't a 3D application.

It's like using Photoshop for vector illustrations. Sure, it can do it, but doesn't mean you should.

10. samjacksondesign

I see your point but Illustrator isn't catered for image post production, or is it seems as theres a stream of filters now in affect:)