Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Edge Code

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by wac, Sep 27, 2012.

1. wac

wac Senior Member

Just tried out the beta and it works quite well. Updates you make to the code are displayed in your web browser in real-time. There's no code hinting yet, but a handy little app never the less.

...they should incorporate the feature into Dreamweaver.

2. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Meh, I'm happy with firebug and Inspector :p How does Edge compare?

3. wac

wac Senior Member

I hadn't tried Firebug so I had to give it a day in court. The conclusion I drew was, yes, it's actually a pretty nifty add-on. I like that you can break it off and use it on a different monitor. It has code hinting which Edge didn't have (yet) but it's not quite as intuitive as the one in DW.

I would say that the only advantage of Edge is the fluidity of the real-time editing. With Firebug I had to right-click and select create new element or property when making new CSS rules, whereas Edge allows you to quickly add code just like writing it on a text document whilst still providing real time updates.

In conclusion, thank you for drawing my attention to Firebug. I will most likely use it, at least until Edge gets code hinting and multi-browser support.

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Try using Firebug and Inspector together. It depends mainly on what kind of site you're editing - I'm currently editing some 8,000 line (HTML/CSS) website built using ruby on rails, so firebug helps me in finding the exact CSS classes and ID's I need to modify to make my desired changes. If you're just editing a regular website that isn't filled with dynamic content left right and centre, well I would just use dreamweaver on it's own really. but Inspector is incredibly easy to use for CSS changes, the UI and flow is fantastic.