Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Actionscript or HTML...

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by Annette Taylor Design, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I have taken the plunge and just got together with a library of actionscript books as I have never needed to learn before, but I cant help wondering if I am wasting my time as Apple will never support Flash documents on their website, iphone or ipad, so shall I continue to focus my skills in HTML instead. :)
  2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I know it doesn't exist, but if it had existed, it would've said YES! :)
  3. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

I'd go for HTML unless you want to focus mainly on motion design. Actionscript is also quite extensive, and a lot harder to learn than HTML.

If you go down the HTML route, then I'd recommend learning CSS as well.
  4. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I believe apple are now developing their own "flash" software... They cannot cut a deal with Adobe and cannot afford this not to be working on the mobile devices. However I don't know how it will be coded...maybe with xcode?
  5. I would've thought xcode will be the way that they make their version of flash work ... and it will no doubt be made in a similar way to iMovie or something like that.