Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Above and beyond the call of duty

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by matobo, Apr 13, 2010.

1. matobo

matobo Member

What have you done in your line of work that is above and beyond the call of duty?

I have an magazine editor that thinks that free use photos for publishing use can be pulled out of a hat... (I like sxc.hu, but I hate having to contact people to use the images because the magazine isn't exactly a charity thing - maybe more on my side as the designer considering the peanuts that I get for bending over backwards...)

Here is her latest request for a milk allergy article: can you find a free image which has a child drinking a glass of milk (maybe a bit unhappy?)

I have just wasted the afternoon trawling through my outdated, very Americanised clipart CD collection for an unhappy child drinking a glass of milk and in desperation, I am about to find my teary snotty 8 year old (playing silly buggers on the trampoline, so no sympathy coming his way...) give him a glass of milk and take a photo of him. :icon_rolleyes:

2. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Thank god for digital cameras!

I piled up all my clothes as if I was going on holiday and about to pack for a client who wanted a suitable picture for her "How to pack a suitcase when going on holiday" poster (she gives great demonstrations!).

Use my own photography a lot nowadays. Don't have a child - will let you know when I need some photos taken!!

3. PRD

PRD New Member

I love requests like that! some times makes me laugh, for instance I had an email explaining about a website they would like building for a small time onion farming company.

They went on to ask if I could design something like the Nike website but with onions as the theme on a budget of £100 pounds...... I fell off my chair!

Maybe be you'll like this video, and relate to it!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfprIxNfCjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VfprIxNfCjk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]