a3+ printer

scotthannah

Hello,

first time posting!

I am looking for a cheap a3 printer to print off samples for clients (save waiting on one from local printer) so needs to have fair to decent photo quality, also if I need to get some fliers etc printed off fast have the capability of doing it myself for a fast turn around. I know the quality will be no where near going to a real printer but just looking for something for a "just incase"

i've been looking at:
hp officejet 7612 (£105, duplex, scanner, 4800 x 1200)
epson 7610WF (£129.99, duplex, scanner, 4800 x 2400)
canon pixma ix6850 (£169.99, no duplex, no scanner, no wifi, 9600 x 2400)
brother DCPJ4120DW (£80, no duplex, scanner 6000 x 1200)

again i'll reiterate i'd only be using the printer for design work IF for example fliers are needed next day. would be handy to have it for scanning and printing documents as well so not keen on the no scanner or no duplex.

If anyone has any experience with any of these printers and can offer input it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

I don't have any actual experience of any of these, but I was looking myself once, then decided I didn't really need A3.

I believe Canon and Epson are generally regarded as the better machines. If it was me I would go for the Canon for the
potentially better quality prints then buy a cheap scanner, but if costs are important, go for the Epson.

Yeah the canon looks really impressive, only thing putting me off is it needs a wired connection to the computer and has no duplex printing.

I think I will go for the Epson.

Thanks for your input mate!

I'd pick the canon (which has ethernet and wifi by the way) even without duplex purely because I've always felt epson are oversaturated when they print and well I don't like that.

Back