Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good photoshop resource

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by si_p, Feb 5, 2013.

1. si_p

si_p Junior Member

Found this great photoshop resource for using photoshop to do websites.

Great tips and well worth reading all of them.
    Enjoy

http://photoshopetiquette.com/

2. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Well the site is interesting at least. Isn't everyone doing all of that already though?

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Have to be honest I thought most of those were 'good practice' for all photoshop uses... not saying we actually do them though lol

4. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

You don't?
    Although saying that, in one of my previous projects I took over from another graphic designer.... Christ.. 10 different PSD's each with over 100 layers. It took me, collectively, about a day and a half to restructure each document because I was continuously trying to find the right bloody layer. Auto select can only do so much.. Needless to say, he became the butt of many a joke throughout that project.
    This is definitely a good list, but I just thought people here would be doing all that stuff already :S

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

it's a little different when you don't send you psd's to other people and you only really work in about 10 layers lol

6. si_p

si_p Junior Member

Yes these are all best practice - but i think for beginners its a great resource to learn the basics... and for old hats to refresh our memories.

7. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

It is a good resource. When you work in isolation, you don't take all of those into account :)

8. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

A nice run-down of good practices. Most people here will be doing them already I imagine, though I've just forwarded it to a friend of mine who's learning Photoshop. So thanks for that.