Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Future In Graphic Design

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Sam, Nov 20, 2010.

  1. Sam

    Sam New Member

    I started this thread to ask about where the best place to start my education in graphic design. I am currently studying a undergrad multimedia degree but my passion is to study graphic design. Any feedback would be much appreciated, i am looking to study around the uk area but would look into studying around europe

    Thanks Sam :icon_smile:
  2. Paul Murray

    Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

    Where are you currently studying now? Have you spoken to your tutors about wanting to do graphic design? I'm sure they could point you in the right direction :)

    I'm currently studying for a BA (Hons) at a college but my degree comes via Liverpool John Moores. Studying via a college is actually a huge benefit, as the groups are small and because spaces are limited on the course, only a select few get on which means a focused, dedicated class.

    Having one to one interaction with tutos who know you quite well after just a couple of weeks is also a great (though we do still have to sit in a lecture theatre once a week). The employment rate of students straight after the course is also very high (about 86% are in full or self employment, with the other 14% either still looking or not actively seeking employment, so in theory the rate is higher).

    Don't be afraid to change your mind in life. I'm turning 25 in January and have only just decided that this is the career choice for me. Don't rush the decision. I actually waited 2 years before enrolling on my degree course because I wanted to ensure I was making the right choice :)
  3. yourmailman

    yourmailman New Member

    online, just do loads of tutorials, you'll pick up new skills all the time, teach yourself!
  4. Logopro

    Logopro Member

    Most places that you enquire will ask you for your token piece of paper showing that you can actually practice what you preach.

Share This Page