A bit of fun..

A bit of fun..

• Design a menu (and most likely a logo) for cocktail bar "desfor" (see what I did there? :P)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Design a label for a limited edition ABSOLUT vodka bottle, pick a flavour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Design a logo for a new surf brand (and pick a name)

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Something else, these are all crap!!!

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

br3n

Anyone up for some collaboration? Im pretty open to what we can do, maybe a logo for a yet undecided company, or some kind of graphic design?

If you got some ideas lets hear them, otherwise ive got some options:

Design a menu (and most likely a logo) for cocktail bar "desfor" (see what I did there? :p)
Design a label for a limited edition ABSOLUT vodka bottle, pick a flavour
Design a logo for a new surf brand (and pick a name)
Something else, these are all crap!!!

br3n said:
I tried to add a pole but messed it up, any chance of adding that greg?

Done and done, and I mean done ;)
And yes I'd be up for joining in on this as a little bit of fun, I voted for the surf company one :)

Sounds cool, I might be able to help out with the surfwear one, I've been doing a lot of work for a new surf brand recently but I'm not allowed to show anyone any of it until it's been launched.
Still got a lot of development ideas spare though.

OK cool sounds good... surfing words to kick start the brainstorm/mind map/name ideas...

wave, reef, swell, tide, bay, island, surf break, broceanography, soul surfers, curl, off the lip, cutback, tube riding, pump, hang five, hang ten, fins free, fins out, wipeout, surf wax...

I like Bay Island

I know its not how you intended it but it sounds good together

That sounds quite cool, maybe we extend on that to Bay Island Boardwear or Bay Island Surf, or any of the three? Gives lots of scope for ideas and logos I think..

A bit late, but the following surf slang provided me with a bit of food for thought:

Ankle Busters: Small Waves
Anglin': Turning on a wave
Beached: Stuffed from eating
Big Gun: Long board designed for large waves
Bombora: Australian word for a large wave that breaks outside the normal wave line (I like that one!)
Honker: Really big wave
Kook or Kuk: Beginner surfer
Neptune Cocktail: Ingested seawater after a bad "Wipeout"
Sidewalk Surfing: Skateboarding
Surfari: Surfing trip

Could take this in a new direction... KuK - a brand for junior surf boards and kids surf equipment? Something a bit different?

Or we could each do our own - pick a name/brand and choose its association, as long as its surf related?

br3n said:
Or we could each do our own - pick a name/brand and choose its association, as long as its surf related?

Sounds like a plan :)

tim-ater said:
but wait, can we class this as a portfolio example ? xD

I don't see why not, as long as you make it clear that it was an unpaid 'fun contest' entry?

Back