2D/3D skill

allawy

Hi guys.

I dont understand much about graphics. I have been looking for a london base graphic designer for my tshirt company.

I found one guy who does some really good 3d work. Can you take a look and tell me what you think of his work and skill?

If he can do this good work with 3D does it automatically mean he is good with 2D work. I would assume if you can do something with depth and detail like this that 2d would come naturally.

Any advise would be great.

His website is : Ali Nasir Portfolio

Let me know your thoughts :)

Thank you

Why don't you email him and ask? And there's a 2D section on his portfolio site that you've linked to.

His work is good.

But I don't know why you want our opinion? It's your opinion on his work that counts; if that's the style you want for your t-shirts.

Hope that helps.

Yes but im not an expert. What I might see as good might not be good in the eyes of an expert.

Its like when getting body work done on your car. It looks ok to you but then when an expert looks he saws omg thats an awful job. :))) Get my point.

I have seen his 2d section. I am happy with him but its more for my personal interest on what you guys think.

You might tell me hes amazing or you might say that work is average. :))

The 3D stuff is amazing, 2D is ok too I guess, but it really depends on what you want/need him for.

I wouldn't hire him for graphic design work based on his portfolio because he doesn't have anything of that nature. What he does and what we do as graphic designers are very different. His work looks to be primarily for the games industry, so it's unlikely he'd be able to handle design such as branding and typography.

Considering it's for a t-shirt company - perhaps wanting designs for t-shirts?

The artist would be very accomplished at creating designs, probably based on briefs, but you can't be that good and not have ideas of your own... right?

I'd say they're a very accomplished graphic artist, not a graphic designer.

Back