• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2009 - Your Aims, Plans & Targets

Greg

Hi everyone,

I know this may have already been touched on in the New Years' Resolutions thread in off-topic, but I thought it would be worth making a thread for your work related ambitions for the New Year.

So, what do you hope to achieve in 2009? Do you have set targets, or just something your aiming for?

I hope to attract new local clients and create a reputation locally for well designed and built websites and I hope to continue building on my small client list of regular print work clients. In addition to this I'm hoping to re-brand my own site and logo and get some new stationery in that I can be proud to send out! I'll also be getting an accountant to help me with advice on book-keeping through the year and assistance with my tax return next year.

Thanks,
Greg

berry

I would like in the current climate to increase annual turnover by 25%.

and also to understand what the damn Acountants say!

tim

I'm hoping to learn all of PHP and hopefully get into learning Drupal. Just because Drupal has an interesting name.

I'm also aiming to put 5% and more aside of my earnings to a Oxfam, as well as saving up for a mini (when I learn to drive)

I hope to attract big clients really. That's it. Something that'll get me a lot of notice and a lot of praise (if I manage to meet their needs exactly).

Mookomatic

I"m working full time, but really want to make the leap to freelance. I'm keeping a watchful eye on the industry in 2009 to see what happens....it seems a little unpredictable right now.
Also I'm learning Cinema 4D, and want to complete more personal projects this year. It's too easy to let them go by the wayside....

Short-term (next 2 months): Relocate to the UK and get settled and hopefully find a job!

Medium term (next 6 months): Get a proper website and attract UK clients to my freelancing business

Long term (whole year): continue freelancing while working.