Youtube not allowed in signature?

Ashraf

are youtube links blocked from the user's signature?
i tried and it pops up this message
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.
Thanks.

Ashraf

They're blocked and for good reason imo.
Appreciate the reply , but is there any thread that points out the issue? i'm aware youtube has many issues towards various communities, but what is the specific reason here?

Levi

Staff member
Appreciate the reply , but is there any thread that points out the issue? i'm aware youtube has many issues towards various communities, but what is the specific reason here?
It's the choice of the admin and fully supported by moderators...

We do seem to get a lot of 'design tutorial' people who just want to get the links to their youtube page to bump up viewing figures and in some cases financial return from youtube... and don't actually post anything else. It's bad enough moderating that sort of thing, we don't need it in signatures as well.

You can have a link to your own website in your sig though.

hankscorpio

Staff member
The forum has tools for posting images and video - post the images and videos directly to the forum posts. Any links directing away from the forum are removed. It's a forum, for discussion, not for self-promotion and getting more hits on your social media sites.